- Brush twice daily with a fluoride toothpaste
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to brush
- Floss daily before bedtime
- Use a mouth rinse after flossing if necessary
- Avoid sugary foods, coffee, and smoking
Good dentistry is founded on the principle of prevention. Therefore, regular dental exams and cleanings are highly recommended. A 6 monthly check up will help to detect dental problems earlier and a professional cleaning removes hard plaque/tartars that cannot be removed by brushing and flossing alone. Your teeth will also be cleaner and whiter once all tartars and stains are removed. The dentist often applies a fluoride treatment to your teeth after the cleaning to strengthen tooth enamel. If you haven’t visited a dentist in over a few years, a dental cleaning is always a good start.