Dental on Blackwood has been privileged in providing quality dental care to our local veteran community who have a Department of Veterans’ Healthcare Card. We bulk bill dental treatment for Gold Card holders.
Am I eligible for bulk bill dental treatment under DVA?
You may be able to be bulk billed if you have a
- Veteran Gold Card (most treatments covered)
- Veteran White Card (treatment is for an accepted service-related condition)
What kind of dental treatment does this cover?
With a DVA gold card, most dental treatment is eligible to be bulk billed including
- regular check-ups, cleans, and x-rays
- treat any dental injuries or conditions
- tooth extractions
- crowns and bridges*
- root canal treatment
- denture re-lining every two years
- denture replacement every 6 years, unless your dentures have been re-lined in the past year, or if your dentist recommends a replacement sooner
*Up until the Annual Monetary Limit (AML) of $2,643.25 per calendar year for some high cost items such as some crowns and bridges
White Card holders are covered for treatments accepted as a service related condition, including Bruxism (teeth grinding).
How can I claim this benefit?
Simply present your DVA healthcare card to our receptionist on arrival to your first appointment.
To make an appointment, please call us on 07 3355 2222 or book online on our website.
For more information please see the Department of Veterans’ Affairs website